Linux Stuff

May. 5th, 2026 10:15 pm
lastofhisname: Neil (Default)
[personal profile] lastofhisname
 I have to confess, I may be souring on CachyOS. The constant updates are annoying enough, but now I can't seem to get an AppImage to execute, even after applying a fix I researched. So that's annoying.
 
I really want to give this OS a chance, but I'm kinda looking sideye at LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition). I don't want to make a move until I find out if Steam works well in Debian, and thus be able to play Elder Scrolls Online. I switched from Linux Mint because I was having a bitch of a time getting ESO to run through Steam, and Lutris borked, so my stand alone ecition wouldn't run either.

Decisions...

 

Date: 2026-05-06 12:11 pm (UTC)
numb3r_5ev3n: 7 from Matrix Online (Default)
From: [personal profile] numb3r_5ev3n
Yeah, I tried it for about a month, and then moved on to MX Linux, which is great so far. I have had two crash-to-desktops with Steam (Baldur's Gate 3 and Skyrim, respectively) however.
Edited Date: 2026-05-06 12:12 pm (UTC)

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
456 78910
11121314 15 1617
181920212223 24
2526 2728293031

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 29th, 2026 01:59 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios